Customer Systems Engineer
Rugby, United Kingdom
On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products and services play essential roles in people’s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
As a technical point of reference for customer related issues and projects you will work with various teams across the business plus suppliers and customers.
You will be responsible for the design and implementation of customer control room solutions, ensuring upgrades and changes to requirements are monitored and implemented as required by the customer. You will generate and maintain technical documentation including IP plans, System architecture diagrams etc. for the solution. You will support Project Managers at customer meetings and provide a technical authority for solutions provided.
- Work with customers to develop their technical requirements for new and additional Client services
- Produce component requirements within project milestones and track subsequent changes
- Produce and maintain Customer IP Plans to implement the overall Airwave IP strategy
- Oversee the technical solution for control room delivery on all major projects
- Work in partnership with vendors to arrive at solution
- Conduct design reviews to formally validate design decisions
- Place orders with suppliers through component engineers
- Resolve technical problems using the most cost effective design, keeping the PM and line manager informed of progress
- Carry out commissioning and acceptance testing to verify that the solution implemented meets the requirements
- Provide the system design and drive the detailed design of bespoke systems for customer specific requirements
- Raise Remedy cases and tasks to support any necessary work whether or not it is service affecting
- Oversee the configuration of the core network and customer specific equipment to implement customer requirements and formally document them
- Support the network requirement to maintain the Primary and CHS switch GBN to a synchronised standard
- Support the Regional Maintenance teams to help resolve complex customer issues involving network or infrastructure problems
- Proven experience within a similar role or a degree in telecommunications
- Knowledge of mobile telecommunications networks, IT systems, IP including switch and route plus good diagnostic skills.
- General understanding of fixed telecommunications networks and services.
- General understanding of Tetra services
- CCNA or high familiarity with network components desirable
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills required alongside good communication skills, both written and oral
Are you interested? Apply HERE!