System Integration and Test Engineer
Rugby, United Kingdom
On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products and services play essential roles in people’s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
This role is a 12-month Fixed Term Contract.
As our successful System Integration & Test Engineer you will provide general technical leadership and organisation of System Integration & Test activities including responsibility for specialist technical support and guidance on the design, development and implementation of system integration and testing activities for business activities.
Your role will include the planning, provisioning and deployment testing of any design changes to various test environments used by the business for VV&T activities.
As our System Integration & Test Engineer you will hold responsibility for managing engineering staff allocated and third party suppliers.
You will work in a matrix management environment with other subject matter experts within Core Engineering and Network Operations. And will be responsible for the derivation of the scope of the allocated task and management of the system integration and testing to complete the delivery through managing allocated engineering staff.
As our System Integration & Test Engineer you will participate in technical and commercial discussions with suppliers and customers during negotiations and dialogue meetings.
You will work closely with the technical design and business development teams to ensure that the test governance for system integration and testing is deployed.
You will support third party suppliers and customers during fault diagnostics for system integration problems and will provide technical guidance to identify resolutions.
Additionally, you will be responsible for:
- The definition, planning, scheduling and leading the verification, validation and certification of new provisions and design changes, enhancements to, and new products and services provided by the Motorola network.
- Management of testing projects including generating and agreeing technical requirements; scoping of the testing; planning the validation, verification and integration activities required to delivery hardware / systems including the approval of software enhancements and solutions for live deployment.
- Planning of testing following the test release lifecycle management process using the HP Quality Centre tool.
- You will act as test lead as prescribed by the business process to scope, plan, and resource and manage test activities.
As our System Integration & Test Engineer, your role will also cover the following:
- Provision of a fully managed, operational and well maintained Reference System that is representative of the Motorola Network.
- Management of Configuration Control of the entire Motorola Ref Sys.
- Project management and technical leadership/system engineering of Reference System relocation and consolidation activities.
- Management of customer witnessed acceptance testing.
- Be responsible for conducting Reference System business in accordance with Motorola processes and more specifically Reference Processes where applicable.
You will be required to provide technical guidance on the viability of the integration proposals and financial impact and carryout the following:
- Analysis of requirements definition & specification, review of requirements for ambiguity and conflict.
- Conducting feasibility analysis for interface development, configuration, testing and risk assessment.
- Generation of system integration designs, function and sub system inter-working capabilities / requirements, protocol handling.
- Management and implementation of the integration plan / schedule.
- Generation of processes for the implementation of the logical and physical integration design.
- Technical awareness and experience of designing, developing and implementing integration and testing methodologies, and resolution of sub system integration issues with suppliers and customers.
- Technical knowledge of the Tetra network and operation of the external interfaces used for integration of third party supplied equipment
- Experience of developing effective and efficient test methodologies to meeting programme deliver schedules and conducting negotiations with test authorities, suppliers and end users.
- Proven experience in undertaking technical assessments, making technical decisions and advising the business of commercial impacts
- Excellent attention to detail and good accurate numerical and logical skills are required.
- Customer and supplier management skills in forming and working in a collaborate team environment to deliver system integration and testing activities is essential
- Good working knowledge of PC packages, including Microsoft(Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, HPQC)
- Accuracy and attention to detail is essential for this role as well as strong customer focus.
- Role will be time critical due to deadlines.
- Able to follow strict procedures to ensure business meet internal and external compliance.
- Previous experience of working with a 3G or other mobile networks would be advantageous but not essential.
Are you interested? Apply HERE!