Terminal Provisioning Technician
Company Overview :
On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products and services play essential roles in people’s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.Department Description :
Working within the Configuration Management Team you will be responsible for the programming and logistics of new radio orders, customer repair cycle and the management of the Terminal Hire facility. These can range from individual terminal customer orders to large scale public events such as Festivals or large sporting occasions.
The Terminal Provisioning Technician role is required to provision TETRA and non tetra terminals on behalf of end users to enable them for use on Airwave and non-Airwave networks. The technician must have the ability to multitask; prioritizing orders and work schedule to meet contractual SLA’s, maintaining the related asset records as part of the process.
The technician will be responsible for receiving and processing customer repairs, and then de-keying encrypted products for onward shipment to the Motorola Solutions repair center included the management of the Logistics processes.
Where requested, perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by management in order to assist Motorola Solutions.
You will be able to demonstrate basic electronic fault finding skills, thorough troubleshoot skills and a methodical, analytical approach to problems in a fast moving, demanding and often reactive environment whilst always ensuring that orders are met and targets achieved for the department.
Working in a zero error environment, the configuration of the equipment is completed as part of the order provisioning process, interfacing with a number of internal and external resources, ensuring all the relevant asset records and documentation for each order and asset is completed in real time in order to comply with Auditory requirements. Job Description :
Basic Requirements :
- You will ensure all radios are configured and delivered to agreed timescales and customer requirements
- You will maintain the Short Term Hire radio stock in first class condition including managing repairs.
- Prepare and dispatch hire terminals to customers in line with order requirements.
- Receive, clean, program and book back into stock returned equipment at the end of the hire period
- You are able to liaise with external and internal customers when necessary to resolve issues.
- You will resolve problems in a timely manner and escalate when appropriate.
- You will have the ability to fault find and troubleshoot on a range of equipment.
- You will be able to schedule in work and prioritise appropriately in order to meet SLA’s
- You have the ability to follow process documents and highlight any improvements if appropriate, assisting with the creation of new processes or improvements where applicable.
- You will have relevant experience in asset management and logistics best practices.
- Completion of all hires documentation using the ‘BASEPLAN’ tracking system or equivalent
- Completion of tasking documentation using the ‘REMEDY’ system or equivalent
- Liaise with invoicing departments to ensure billing is sent to customers according to the contract / processes.
- Contact Internal and External Customers to expedite the return of loan equipment outside of a loan period. This may involve liaison with the accounts department around charging the customer for non return, loss or damage of radio equipment from a hire agreement.
- You will have experience in the use of Microsoft Office Applications and a good working knowledge of databases and Excel (Essential)
- You will have excellent problem solving, organisation and time management skills
- You will be highly motivated and able to work closely with team members, other teams and both internal and external customers
- You will have the ability to multitask complex processes as you could be working on several orders at the same time whilst ensuring the quality does not diminish and SLA’s are met.
- Able to deal with changing priorities whilst managing your own workload to meet current orders and tasks.
- You will hold a valid Driving License
- You will be Professional, quality orientated, positive and proactive
- Remain calm under pressure
- Be self motivated
- Open to change