Schaumburg,, IL - Illinois, United States
On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products and services play essential roles in people’s lives. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter. Our IT organization isn’t just here to support our business. We’re here to reinvent it – by changing the way our customers, partners and employees interact with our company. To do that, we’re looking for people who bring great ideas and who make our partners’ ideas better. Intellectually curious advisors (not order takers) who focus on outcomes to creatively solve business problems. People who not only embrace change, but who accelerate it.
- Coordinating and leading the delivery of technical architecture and solutions for our internal and external field service business partners and customers.
- Self Starter & Technical visionary! We want and love new ideas to improve our business with that latest technology!
- Navigating the shared service IT organization to deliver results quickly. Collecting the appropriate resources and skill-sets to address issues, problems, and opportunities presented by the business-aligned IT Services teams.
- Developing and growing the relationship between the centralized IT organization and one or more business-aligned Services teams.
- Supporting bi-directional communication between the centralized IT organization and the business-aligned Services teams. Communicating plans, projects, and priorities across the organizations.
- Participating and leading project meetings (within the centralized IT organization and the business-aligned Services teams) to ensure understanding of requirements, timing, resource requirements, etc...
- Participating and leading management meetings (within the centralized IT organization and the business-aligned Services teams) to ensure understanding of solution roadmaps, priorities, schedules, constraints, etc...
- Leading business readiness and deployment activities for new IT launches and deployments.
- The Field Services IT BSA is a technical leader in the Front Office IT organization responsible for coordinating the optimal delivery of IT tools and systems to business-aligned Field Services teams to enable new business capabilities, growth, and technology stewardship. Field Services business is comprised of Customer Care, Channel Partner relationships, Contracts Management and Administration, Services Installed Base & Asset Management, Project Delivery (MSI as a true systems integrator) & Field Service Organizations for preventive maintenance and field repair.
- Driving results across a broad spectrum of requests, daily ad-hoc issues, tactical, projects, and strategic initiatives.
- Understands Services business strategy, identifies critical factors to business success and operational effectiveness, and translates for incorporation within the IT strategic and capability plan and roadmap. Advocates the business-enabled IT strategy to business partners.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of the key services business processes and systems and identify integration, alignment and improvement opportunities.
- Partner with key users’ community to avoid discrepancies in perception & communication between user communities, regional management & global resources.
- Escalates IT related issues to support organization to ensure service satisfaction and sustain operations. Manages the relationship and performance of IT vendors, deliverable, and contracts.
- Ensures compliance to IT financial processes, procurement, and contract management processes.
- Champion IT to the business and communicate Services business strategy effectively and regularly to key IT stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, engineering, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience with continuously expanding responsibilities focusing on Field Service Technologies, project and program management, business analysis, technical architecture, mobile application deployment, process re-design, IT innovation, IT as a revenue generator, vendor management, and financial acumen.
- 5+ years of IT-related experience, with most of those years working in a corporate IT service delivery organization.
- Experience with medium-large IT Field Service Organizations, External Customer Project Management, Asset Management, Case Management, Contracts Management, & Customer Support technology offerings.
- Technical Thought Leadership in the Service Industry
- Experience with Cloud Mobile, Security, Big Data, and Analytics technology.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Large Project/Program management and coordination experience.
- Self-directed; able to identify and set priorities with minimal guidance, and then modify these as the situation changes.
- Strong partnership skills
- must be able to develop and build relationships at all levels of the organization based on trust, transparency, and by delivering on commitments.
- Ability to generate results through influence versus direct reporting.
- Comfortable working across a wide spectrum of technical challenges and solution offerings.
- Experience with outsourced and contracted IT infrastructure and application providers
- Able to operate in either a Waterfall or Agile development process.
- Experience with the following a plus: Oracle ERP R12, Primavera, Click Software, Oracle Installed Base, Infor, BMC Remedy, Salesforce.com CRM, Smart Client CRM, Mobile application development, Web Development, Cloud Solutions
5 - 10
- Bachelor's degree in computer science management information systems engineering or related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of IT-related experience with most of those years working in a corporate IT service delivery organization.