On any given day, every moment matters to someone, somewhere. And every moment, Motorola Solutions’ innovations, products and services play essential roles in people’s lives.
We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. We keep utility workers connected and visible to each other with real-time voice and data communication across the smart grid. And we provide the situational awareness first responders need when a moment brings catastrophe. We help people be their best in their moments that matter.
Our IT organization isn’t just here to support our business. We’re here to reinvent it – by changing the way our customers, partners and employees interact with our company. To do that, we’re looking for people who bring great ideas and who make our partners’ ideas better. Intellectually curious advisers (not order takers) who focus on outcomes to creatively solve business problems. People who not only embrace change, but who accelerate it.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent, 2-5 years experience with Oracle eBusiness suite programming including PL/SQL, extensions, interfaces, forms and reports.
- Driven and motivated to excel in a fast paced environment using the latest Oracle technology.
Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations:
- The Oracle PL/SQL developer will work with our functional team and tech leads to understand functional specifications, and design the optimal solution using APIs, web services and the latest Oracle techniques. You will write code to fulfill the requests optimally and efficiently. Able to be trained and learn all areas of Oracle eBusiness Suite including EBS, CPQ, VCP, Primavera and other integrated products. There will be excellent opportunities to learn and use the latest Oracle technologies including CPQ, PAAS, SOA, Primavera, MFT, etc.
- Develop PL/SQL database objects, SQL scripts, interfaces, reports and forms using standard tools including Oracle Forms, Report Builder, Oracle Application Framework, BI Publisher, etc.
- Develop, implement and support Business Event and Workflow processes.
- Document all technical design decisions and processes and write technical design documents
- Collaborate with the business analysts and business team to design and create all required software to achieve the requirements
- Work with Oracle Support Services to resolve issues
- Develop integrated test scenarios, identify test data and execute test scenarios.
- Troubleshoot, debug and resolve issues identified and document test results.
- Technical and some functional expertise in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 EBS manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procure to Pay and Finance modules
- Expertise with the following technologies: SQL Tuning; PL/SQL Developer or some other Oracle database IDE; XML Publisher; Oracle Forms, OAF and Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF), Oracle Workflow and Approvals Management Engine (AME)
- Knowledge of Oracle EBS development standards and Application Object Library (AOL)
- Performing unit testing of Oracle application for assigned process areas, while identifying issues and troubleshooting issues to resolution.
- Proficiency with Linux/Unix shell scripting desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and able to work well within a team environment
- Ability to communicate to a wide variety of audiences, both business and technical
- Detail oriented, proactive, and demonstrates independent critical thinking and troubleshooting ability
- Able to adhere to development standards and SOX compliance
- Understanding of Oracle FMW/SOA is a plus.
- Understanding of VCP is a plus
- Understanding of Primavera is a plus