Travelport is a Travel Commerce Platform providing distribution, technology, payment and other solutions for the global travel and tourism industry. With a presence in over 170 countries, over 3,500 employees and 2014 net revenue of over $2.1 billion, Travelport is comprised of:
- A Travel Commerce Platform through which it facilitates travel commerce by connecting the world’s leading travel providers with online and offline travel buyers in a proprietary business-to-business (B2B) travel marketplace. In addition, Travelport has leveraged its domain expertise in the travel industry to design a pioneering B2B payment solution that addresses the needs of travel intermediaries to efficiently and securely settle travel transactions.
- Technology Services through which it provides critical IT services to airlines, such as shopping, ticketing, departure control and other solutions, enabling them to focus on their core business competencies and reduce costs.
Travelport is headquartered in Langley, U.K. The Company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and trades under the symbol “TVPT”.
As an IT Audit Manager you will be an integral part of Travelport’s SOX and Compliance team which has been tasked to deliver Travelport’s SOX certification in accordance with COSO 2013 standards. This encompasses insightful enhancement of existing controls and its documentation (as necessary) as well as robust testing of the operating effectiveness of these controls. The role entails working closely with respective business process owners and other team members of Travelport’s SOX and Compliance team.
- Performing end to end walkthroughs on key business processes with main focus on Revenue and Cost of Revenue processes
- Assessing design effectiveness of existing controls
- Identifying documentation gaps within the process narratives based on walkthrough procedures performed
- Updating business process narratives (as necessary) and agreeing revised business process narratives with process owners within the agreed timeline
- Identifying key controls within a key business process and suggesting rationalizing these controls
- Developing test plans and testing operating effectiveness of key controls which could either be manual finance controls, automated controls or IT dependent manual controls
- Ensuring issues noted have been discussed and agreed with process owners
- Complete peer to peer review of work performed
- Enhance quality and efficiency across finance processes
- Review and manage work of SOX analyst
Knowledge, Skills, Experience, Training, Education:
- Audit experience required (preferably from Big 4)
- Technology audit skills including understanding of program change management; logical security and access controls; program development and computer operations : CISA, CIA certification (or equivalent) desirable
- Experience and basic knowledge finance processes and related risks
- Held managerial roles or worked on managerial capacity for at least a year
- Robust understanding of SOX regulations
- Solid understanding of COSO 2013
- Excellent accounting skills (particularly US GAAP) with an eye for detail and accuracy