Aerospace Engine Applications Engineer
Kennametal is seeking a qualified cutting tools applications engineer to support a major aerospace engine manufacturer in the Cincinnati, Ohio area. The focus will be to support this manufacturer in part processing, tool layouts, cutter paths, cutting feeds and speeds while implementing Kennametal cutting tools. This support will also extend to assisting the manufacturer on machine tool selection, cutting tool implementation, and application at the manufacturers various global sites. The primary support will be out of the manufacturers global part processing lab in Cincinnati. The end goal is to ensure that Kennametal tooling will be implemented on new machine tools as the tooling of choice for all new engine part machining at their various global manufacturing locations.
- Understand customers' business, technology and product requirements and appropriately match Kennametal tooling solutions, products and services to meet customer needs
- Exceed customer expectations relative to Kennametal service levels and technical know-how and value added services
- Have the flexibility to assist customers globally to ensure Kennametal’s value is received at a specific manufacturing site
- Understand and utilize company resources such as CAP, Services and the Knowledge Center
- Show continuous improvements in technical knowledge and cutting tool applications.
- Maintain a continuous presence at aerospace engine accounts to create an environment of excellent customer support
- Support major Aerospace accounts, primarily in the Cincinnati, Ohio area.
- Have an overall knowledge of aerospace engine features and how they are cut to size
- Understand the operational differences between different types of machine tools and have an understanding of cutting tool interaction between machine tools and the workpiece.
- Have the ability to take a model/drawing of an engine part and create a list of tooling and cutting techniques to create a finished part and be able to present that solution to customer engineering teams
- Able to conduct cutting tool tests, and be able analyze part finished to be able to modify cutting conditions.
- A Bachelors degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering education
- Five plus years of successful field or manufacturing experience in the metalcutting industry;
- An understanding of CAD and CAM packages commonly used in aerospace engine applications
- Experience working in extensive technical manufacturing environment
- Proficient in identifying and assessing customer needs
- Competent in understanding and communicating all products and technical information
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Well developed interpersonal skills enabling teamwork and clear communication.
Kennametal delivers productivity to customers seeking peak performance in demanding environments by providing innovative custom and standard wear-resistant solutions. This proven productivity is enabled through our advanced materials sciences and application knowledge. Our commitment to a sustainable environment provides additional value to our customers. Kennametal’s portfolio of well-respected brand names and broad global presence enable us to help customers of all sizes in virtually every geography drive success at every stage of their value chain. Strategically aligned across our two core businesses - Industrial and Infrastructure - our products and services touch nearly every manufacturing process. People around the globe can see and touch these results throughout many aspects of their day, from the light switch they turn on to the car they drive.