Job Posting Title: CNC Machinist
Under the direction of the Supervisor, Manufacturing:
- Set up and operate all related equipment and hand tools
- Move all materials, either physically or mechanically, necessary to complete assignments
- Perform inspection of machined products
- Remove burrs and sharp edges from work piece using file or hand grinder
- Perform program edits and/or changes as required
- All employees are expected to:
- Adhere to and follow all company safety policies and procedures to assure commitment to 100% safe work
- Support the Lean Enterprise/25 Keys initiatives and continuously strive to improve Customer satisfaction through
- improved quality, reduction in waste and improved productivity.
- Perform tasks in a quality manner to meet external and internal Customer specifications and requirements.
- Perform in a flexible and cooperative manner toward team objectives and the goals of the company.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with those you come in contact with in all matters.
- Complete all necessary documentation, electronic data entries and communications accurately and timely.
- Maintain regular attendance and perform duties in a timely manner, arriving and departing for assignments and
- meetings as required.
- Be aware of all standard procedures and practices associated with the position and work to maintain compliance.
- High School diploma or GED
- 2 years manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of manual and NC controlled lathes with the ability to select appropriate manufacturing methods, tooling, feeds, and speeds: set-up and operation
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read blueprints and follow routers
- Ability to read and understand operating procedures
- Ability to perform basic shop math
- Ability to edit and troubleshoot CNC programs
- Trade School Certificate Preferred
Kennametal is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran www.kennametal.com