Maintenance Field Service Engineer
Job Posting Text
Kennametal delivers productivity to customers seeking peak performance in demanding environments by providing innovative custom and standard wear-resistant solutions. This proven productivity is enabled through our advanced materials sciences and application knowledge. Our commitment to a sustainable environment provides additional value to our customers. Kennametal’s portfolio of well-respected brand names and broad global presence enable us to help customers of all sizes in virtually every geography drive success at every stage of their value chain. Strategically aligned across our two core businesses - Industrial and Infrastructure - our products and services touch nearly every manufacturing process. People around the globe can see and touch these results throughout many aspects of their day, from the light switch they turn on to the car they drive.
Job Title: Maintenance Field Service Engineer
Shift: First Shift
Location: Solon, Ohio
Daily and weekend overtime may be required
- High School diploma or GED
- Preferred Bachelor degree with focus in Electrical or Controls Engineering
- 5-10yrs years manufacturing experience
- Have mechanical understanding and able to work on machines, diagnose issues, and eliminate downtime.
- Experience in a CNC machining environment or interests in metal cutting.
- Knowledge of Ethernet communications, TCP/IP, Ethernet/IP
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills, able to participate on project team and interface effectively
- Ability to read blueprints and follow routers
- Ability to read and understand operating procedures
- Knowledge of plumbing, pipefitting, pneumatics, hydraulics, bearings, seals and electric motors and controls is preferred
- Ability to properly use oscilloscope is preferred
- Familiarity with NC controls and servo circuits.
- Preferred knowledge in Siemens, Fanuc, Allen Bradley, Seiko, Hitachi, Haas, HEIDENHAIN
- Preferred knowledge in NX9 CNC programming system, SAP-PM, Step 7
- No remote responsibilities
This position will support the Facilities Manager and the Maintenance Department in continual process improvements to increase safety and machine uptime.
- Layout, construct, modify and maintain machinery
- Dismantle, assemble, maintain, and install equipment
- Install replacement parts using stock parts
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment (mechanical and electrical)
- Design, implement, maintain, and improve electrical instruments, equipment, facilities components, products, and systems for the manufacturing plant.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards
- Understanding of ladder logic and programming of PLCs, robotics, circuit design, electrical schematics, hardware design, and drafting.
- Manage electrical systems including high voltage
- Support designing, programming, and installing of machine control systems, including assembly, CNCs, leak testing, and other machines that include PLCs, HMIs, servo motion control, test instrumentation control, and communications
- Perform a wide variety of plant and office maintenance.
All employees are expected to:
- Must adhere to and follow all company safety policies and procedures to assure commitment to 100% safe work environment.
- Support the Lean Enterprise/25 Keys initiatives and continuously strive to improve Customer satisfaction through improved quality, reduction in waste and improved productivity.
- Perform tasks in a quality manner to meet external and internal Customer specifications and requirements.
- Perform in a flexible and cooperative manner toward team objectives and the goals of the company.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with those you come in contact with in all matters.
- Complete all necessary documentation, electronic data entries and communications accurately and timely.
- Maintain regular attendance and perform duties in a timely manner, arriving and departing for assignments and meetings as required.
- Be aware of all standard procedures and practices associated with the position and work to maintain compliance.