ob Title: Maintenance Field Service Engineer
Shift: First Shift
Location: Solon, Ohio
Daily and weekend overtime may be required
- High School diploma or GED
- Preferred Bachelor degree with focus in Electrical or Controls Engineering
- 5-10yrs years manufacturing experience
- Have mechanical understanding and able to work on machines, diagnose issues, and eliminate downtime.
- Experience in a CNC machining environment or interests in metal cutting.
- Knowledge of Ethernet communications, TCP/IP, Ethernet/IP
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills, able to participate on project team and interface effectively
- Ability to read blueprints and follow routers
- Ability to read and understand operating procedures
- Knowledge of plumbing, pipefitting, pneumatics, hydraulics, bearings, seals and electric motors and controls is preferred
- Ability to properly use oscilloscope is preferred
- Familiarity with NC controls and servo circuits.
- Preferred knowledge in Siemens, Fanuc, Allen Bradley, Seiko, Hitachi, Haas, HEIDENHAIN
- Preferred knowledge in NX9 CNC programming system, SAP-PM, Step 7
- No remote responsibilities
This position will support the Facilities Manager and the Maintenance Department in continual process improvements to increase safety and machine uptime.
- Layout, construct, modify and maintain machinery
- Dismantle, assemble, maintain, and install equipment
- Install replacement parts using stock parts
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment (mechanical and electrical)
- Design, implement, maintain, and improve electrical instruments, equipment, facilities components, products, and systems for the manufacturing plant.
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards
- Understanding of ladder logic and programming of PLCs, robotics, circuit design, electrical schematics, hardware design, and drafting.
- Manage electrical systems including high voltage
- Support designing, programming, and installing of machine control systems, including assembly, CNCs, leak testing, and other machines that include PLCs, HMIs, servo motion control, test instrumentation control, and communications
- Perform a wide variety of plant and office maintenance.
All employees are expected to:
- Must adhere to and follow all company safety policies and procedures to assure commitment to 100% safe work environment.
- Support the Lean Enterprise/25 Keys initiatives and continuously strive to improve Customer satisfaction through improved quality, reduction in waste and improved productivity.
- Perform tasks in a quality manner to meet external and internal Customer specifications and requirements.
- Perform in a flexible and cooperative manner toward team objectives and the goals of the company.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with those you come in contact with in all matters.
- Complete all necessary documentation, electronic data entries and communications accurately and timely.
- Maintain regular attendance and perform duties in a timely manner, arriving and departing for assignments and meetings as required.
- Be aware of all standard procedures and practices associated with the position and work to maintain compliance.