Bilingual Customer Sales & Service Agents (English - French) - Permanent Part-Time - Vancouver
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol. Across the country and across the world, the Air Canada family brings people together. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Air Canada, recently ranked Best Airline in North America, is currently looking for Customer Sales & Service Agents at the Vancouver Airport.
Whether assisting our passengers at airport counters or gate locations, our Customer Sales & Service Agents play an important role in ensuring that our flights are ready for a secure and on-time departure.
This is a permanent, part-time, position which guarantees a minimum of 20 hours, maximum of 32 hours per week.
Hourly rate of $14.00/hr
- Conduct passenger check-in.
- Prepare and issue tickets and boarding passes.
- Assist pre-boarding passengers and provide information on flight schedules and routes.
- Act as Ground Hosts and Hostesses.
- Strong customer focus gained through previous customer service experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills combined with a strong commitment to teamwork.
- Proven problem resolution skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Accustomed to working within strict timelines in order to maintain on-time departures while ensuring Safety First at all times.
- Available for shift work - early mornings, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays.
- High school diploma or academic equivalent.
Conditions of Employment:
- Eligible candidates must be Canadian citizens (or have landed immigrant status), be willing to undergo and successfully pass a four (4) day full-time training (attendance is mandatory).
- Candidates must also pass security clearance and obtain the Transport Canada security card (MOT). (To obtain this security clearance candidates must undergo a thorough criminal background search, please see Transport Canada website for additional details).
- This position requires linguistic fluency. Priority will be given to candidates completely fluent in English and French.
Candidates fluent in English, French and one or more of the following languages will also be considered: Japanese, Korean, Cantonese, Mandarin, Spanish, Italian, German, Arabic, Hebrew, Portuguese, Turkish, Greek, Hindi, Danish, Dutch, Punjabi.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We therefore encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interview will be contacted.