Pipeline Technician Trainee - 6323BR - 2012-2132
Tulsa, OK, United States
T.D. Williamson, Inc. (TDW) was founded in Tulsa, Oklahoma, in 1920 as an electrical contracting firm serving the emerging petroleum industry’s needs for power. With over 55 locations worldwide, including offices in Canada, United States, Singapore, India, Norway, Belgium, TDW is the premier pressurized piping maintenance company in the oil and gas industry. We design and manufacture engineered solutions for monitoring, pigging, tapping, plugging, and inspecting essential piping systems. TDW products and services are recognized as standards of excellence around the world. The company is globally recognized for professional integrity, quality products, innovative technologies and high regard for customer relationships by standing behind the strongest product warranty in the industry.
Follow leadership initiatives of Field Superintendents and Lead technicians on Field Job-Site and for Shop activities of the Pipeline Services Group for the Western Hemisphere in accordance with corporate policies, strategic goals and objectives set by the Field Superintendents and in compliance with local rules and regulations in order to achieve customer satisfaction.
1. Assist on an as needed basis with the Central Services Group, and Point One Services Groups, for entire Western Hemisphere.
2. Assist in conjunction or under the direction of the Field Superintendents and Lead Technicians implementation of operational plans, strategies and organization design that are consistent with the customer expectations of the scope of work and the short- and long-term objectives of TDW.
3. Assist the assigned Project Manager, after being directed by the Field Superintendent, in the set-up of service and rental equipment.
4. Ensures technical proficiency, with the direction of the Field Superintendent, as appropriate to meet customer and market requirements and regional operations are conducted with a focus on training, safety and quality of service.
5. Works in place of the Lead technician, with the associated responsibilities, as part of the 3 to 5 year training process.
6. Assist in timely project support to the Pipeline Services business unit in the implementation of the project scope as directed by the Field Superintendents and Lead Technicians.
7. Participates in project safety reviews through Pre-JSAs, JSAs and Tailgate Meetings as needed.
8. Positions assets as directed by the Field Superintendents that are required to support jobs and projects including logistical support and subcontractor and vendor qualification.
9. Follows set personal objectives, strives to consistently improve performance, completes all training needs, looks for areas for improvement and possibility of future developmental growth within the organization, and expresses training & development needs to supervisor.
10. Reinforces a positive team dynamic to ensure high performance.
11. Supports the continuous improvement process as part of the TDW team.
12. Ensures that HSE rules and procedures are followed by all employees in Pipeline Services and that appropriate guidance and training is provided for services operations.
13. Supports the achievement of quality objectives commensurate with TDWs quality policy.
14. Implements preventative maintenance systems as support for the Field Superintendents or as part of training.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
1. Some Pipeline cleaning experience preferred but not required.
2. Be able to understand instructions and follow an operating plan.
3. Demonstrates an interest in field work
4. Strong customer orientation
5. Ability to exercise sound judgment and take action or seek help to make happen,
6. Possess reasonably good verbal and written communication skills in English.
We offer an excellent work environment, opportunities for growth, a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits package includes, but is not limited to the following:
· Medical Insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance and a Flexible Spending Account
· Group basic life/AD&D insurance and supplemental/voluntary life/AD&D insurance
· Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
· Retirement Benefits: pension plan and 401(k) with company match
· Paid Leave: sick leave (nonexempt employees only), vacation, 11 paid holidays annually
· Educational Assistance
· Company Bonus Program