Research & Development Process and Quality Manager - Bad Salzuflen, Germany
Bad Salzuflen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany
Date published: 29-Mar-2017
Purpose of the role:
The Cereals R&D Process and Quality Manager will provide leadership in the establishment and successful implementation of a sustainable quality management system across Cereals R&D. The primary focus will be on activities driven by Cereals Seeds Product Development, while consistency in quality management must also be ensured through R&D links into related functions, such as Production and Supply and Commercial.
- Develop a functional quality strategy and implementation plan within Cereals Seeds Product Development that meets the expectations of all relevant stakeholder groups and is consistent with Syngenta quality policies and standards.
- Ensure successful roll-out of the plan and sustainability as quality management becomes embedded into normal ways of working.
- Establish and maintain strong stakeholder networks with Regional Product Development, Global DTO, R&D Quality Management, P&S Quality Management,Operating Unit quality business partners and with projects such as MINT and One Biology.
- Establish and maintain reporting systems and KPI dashboards to track progress and to manage bottlenecks across Cereals R&D. Provide regular feedback (via Tiered Meetings, Standard Monthly Dashboards, etc.).
- Support the development and operation of systems established to improve end-to-end product delivery, particularly at the handover from R&D to P&S. Particularly to ensure that best practices are established & shared across networks & functions within Regional Product Development across regions.
- Ensure that QM requirements are embedded within a Cereals Quality Management System.
- Ensure compliance with corporate requirements,
- Constantly assess the status and functionality of deployment of a Quality Management System (QMS) within Cereals. Provide subject matter expertise to support planning and implementation of the QMS.
- Establish a strong business partnering capability to promote a culture of quality and continuous improvement within Cereals.
- Provide expertise on compliance with the QMS and implementation consistent with the priorities for Cereals.
- Design and deliver effective training programs.
- Provide input to the global quality audit schedule and act as an auditor of Syngenta sites and 3rd parties (if applicable), ensuring appropriate management of non-conformities.
- Bachelor degree in Agriculture, good understanding of agriculture and crop management principles
- Minimum 5 years of experience in agricultural positions, including experience in quality management and change management
- Understanding of plant biology and basic plant breeding processes & technologies
- Project management and resource planning, knowledge of LEAN methodology
- Familiar with external certification requirements and accreditation process (e.g., ISO, ETS, etc
- Expertise with document management systems and databases
- Experience in working in multinational, matrix environment, working together with different nationalities
- Fluent English and German language knowledge is essential
- Experience in change management process
- Managing performance to high standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven track record of leadership competencies
- Leading change management