Digital Culture Engagement and Comms Lead
Basel, Basel, Switzerland
Date published: 21-May-2018
In 2017 Syngenta established Syngenta Digital, a global program dedicated to drive forward the organisation’s global digital transformation. This team works with senior executives across the organisation to design and drive initiatives that will radically accelerate the organisation’s digital journey. In your role as Digital Culture Engagement and Change Lead you will you will be leading communication, training, change management and key projects related to managing Syngenta’s digital transformation, You will be driving cultural change in a complex and dynamic environment. The successful candidate for this role has exhibited effective thought leadership, ability to manage multiple projects while integrating work across departments and divisions through effective collaboration, influence, and planning. Additionally, the successful candidate should have considerable experience in change management and communications.
· Lead global digital change and culture initiatives and develop local implementation strategies in coordination with regional change managers driving alignment for the change strategy
· Develop change management strategy across the Syngenta organization to understand the digital mind-set and adapt to digital ways of working
· Develop understanding of implementation methodology
· Create, review and refine content to be leveraged across the organization
· Extend and align with global and regional HR teams when needed
· Build a high-impact change champion network or leverage existing networks
· Gather key cultural and change readiness insights (through in-depth 1-on-1 interviews, focus groups and surveys) from leadership and key stakeholders
· Measure and report change progress, e.g. new behaviors, adoption of new practices and follow up after the implementation to ensure continuing adoption and sustainment
· Deliver training related to leading change and/or facilitate the delivery of training by subject matter experts
· Responsible for creating communications for C-Level, Leadership and entire organization about Syngenta Digital & its culture, ways of working, accomplishments and initiatives
· Aligning with internal and external stakeholders to define and implement the communication strategy, design and style across the organization
· Managing and creating new content for internal platforms, such as Yammer, Intranet etc.
· Activate and get buy-in from internal stakeholders across the entire organization to promote Syngenta Digital and actively engage across all our communication channels
· Defining communication strategy for external environment about Syngenta’s Digital transformation and successes
· Organize events to create awareness across Syngenta Digital
Stakeholder engagement and communication:
Contribute to the development of stakeholder engagement and communication plans and content, and support the program management in the preparation of board presentations
Drive the development and improvement of Syngenta Digital’s strategy and innovation methodologies and facilitate knowledge exchange across workstreams
Independently drive special projects as required by the program leadership
As required support delivering work packages as part of the broader Digital priorities, including understanding requirements, structuring the approach and delivering outcomes
· There will be a high degree of change and uncertainty involved within the role, but candidates will have a high degree of autonomy to lead and manage their own work packages
· Candidates will be required to build and interact with a wide stakeholder network
· We focus on delivering sustainable value for Syngenta and our projects address the most pressing digital priorities in the business today. Although all of our projects are different, we commonly answer digitally-focused questions, including:
o What is our regional digital aspiration and purpose, and how do I align the leaders of this business around it?
o How should I structure my business to derive growth from digital and innovation?
o How and when should I invest in digital?
o What analytical or technical capabilities are required to deliver the roadmap of initiatives?
o How might partnerships or acquisitions accelerate our process in this subject area?
· Minimum 5+ years work experience in a leading and managing change and communication
· Previous experience managing and influencing senior executive stakeholders
· Advanced numerical competency and a passion for applying it to solve complex problems
· An ambition to apply commercial acumen to solve problems
· A demonstrable passion for digital
· Willingness to learn and a desire to progress
· Experience in (agile) project management roles
Additional desirable experience includes:
· Entrepreneurial background
· Experience in an international context
Education and critical knowledge
• A strong academic record including an undergraduate degree from a top university
• Additional relevant qualifications (e.g. Masters Degree, MBA) a plus but not mandatory