HR Manager Seed
Date published: 21-Aug-2018
For details pls contact:
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
About This Job:
To provide HR partnership to Vegetable Seeds Organization & SBIC including contributing to China Seeds Strategy, developing and executing an aligned people strategy; designing and catalyzing implementation of relative people plans/initiatives; and ensuring the coherent implementation of HR processes. Providing change management expertise and coaching managers and leaders in leadership capabilities.
1. Vegetable Seeds
2. Seeds Research & Development in Beijing Innovation Centre
The accountabilities are as follows:
1. Partner with LT Members (incl. Veg. Seeds BULT and Leadership Team of SBIC) to design and deliver people strategies, processes and products that are aligned with Seeds Strategy, and which ensure that the organizational capability, processes, systems, structure and culture are in place to drive the achievement of business goals
2. Take responsibility for the embedding of robust people management disciplines including recruitment, workforce planning, people management, talent development, performance management, and facilitate functions forums to enable effective people management and development
3. Coach and challenge LT members, their direct reports (1st. line people managers) and key talents, to develop the organizational capability and resources required to enable delivery of business strategy, and to provide coaching and feedback to ensure the development of their leadership capability.
4. Provide, and develop in others, change management and catalytic capability to enable team development within China Seeds Team, business transformation and the ongoing development of the Syngenta culture in the scope
5. Partner with centers of excellence to develop and implement reward and people and organizational development plans
6. Partner with HR Operations and HR Generalist to ensure delivery of effective and customer focused HR Operations.
7. Be accountable, as appropriate, for HR compliance in line with local regulations and standards and to manage business risk arising from employment liability
8. As key member of the China HR team drive HR excellence by
1) Leading, or participating in, China cross functions HR projects and identify opportunities to share practices or learn from others
2) Keeping up to date with the latest developments in HR practice/business information and introduce new approaches as appropriate to HR function members, to support his/her team and overall HR capability development.
9. Be ambassador in local talent market and actively promote and advocate the corporate brand in front of stake holders, i.g. universities, authority, vendors, and employees.
10. Provide leadership to the individuals and teams in line with the behaviours outlined in the Syngenta Backbone
11. Perform other duties as requested by supervisor.
• Using expertise to contribute to shaping business strategy
To work alongside Seeds leaders and their teams to understand the direction for their business and in particular to ensure that the people, organisation, capability and cultural challenges and implications of the business strategy are addressed. Using HRBP’s knowledge of the business ambition, structure, leadership style, culture and capability, provides insightful analysis and proactively raises potential issues of planned strategies.
• Developing people plans to enable delivery of business strategy
To create a people plan that addresses the needs of the organization. People plans will articulate how we will build capability, shape the organisation, drive effective ways work working and provide leadership to drive performance. He/she will work to ensure that people plans are aligned with regional and territory plans. Working with the territory Centres of Expertise, he/she seeks advice on effective solutions and leads and drives delivery of the people plans and monitors progress and impact using milestones and KPI’s.
• Coaching and challenging leaders to support the development of leadership capability
To open and create relationships with Seeds leaders to support them in addressing their leadership challenges, and those of their teams. He/she provides feedback and coaching to enable leaders to continually develop their people leadership and change capability and facilitate discussion about new opportunities to further develop organizational capability. BP’s also seek feedback to improve their own contribution.
• Providing catalytic support to enable business transformation
To design and catalyses change programs to address key business challenges, and mobilizes support from HR colleagues to build the necessary capability and drive implementation of organizational, cultural, and process change. He/she also works with the leaders and with communications colleagues to develop communication and engagement plans to underpin the transformation
• Embedding robust people management disciplines
The BP uses the people plans as a context for effective implementation of people management disciplines such as compensation and benefits, succession planning, people development and performance management to achieve business goals. He/she gathers and analyses relevant data, trends and patterns and identifies gaps and priorities, particularly in the areas of talent management, performance management, workforce planning, strategic recruitment and capability development.
• Leveraging the HR function to deliver effective and customer focussed HR Operations
To play a key role in ensuring implementation of people plans and processes across their units and for ensuring they are aligned with global direction. He/she also work with the CoE’s to develop effective implementation plans for China TCT. With HR Operations delivering transactional processes, he/she has a key role to play in being the key point of contact for their leaders to work through more complex cases, particularly where these have employee relations impact. He/she then provides clear guidance to HR Operations to enable efficient execution
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
· High level of professional competence, 8+ years HR professional experience in multinational company, Agriculture industry preferred
· Strategic Positioner - Can evaluate both the external and internal business contexts and translate those evaluations into practical insights that help position the organization to be successful
· Credible Activist - Achieve the trust and respect within the organization to be viewed as valued and valuable partners
· Measuring and contributing to success on the outcome and impact of HR programs and services on business delivery, rather than only their implementation
· Embracing mindset which centers on contributing to the success of the business rather than bringing expertise to critique and control activity
· Analytics designer and interpreter - Being able to use HR analytics to impact decision making
· Technology and Media integrator- Being able to leverage technology and technological tools to support their efforts to create high performing organizations
· Paradox navigator - Maximizing ideas and outcomes that may be inherently in opposition with each other
· Passionate and High Energy
· Builds strong relationships with business
· Decisive and Action Oriented
· Achievement Oriented
· Focuses energy on must wins
· Key account & consulting mindset
· Pro-active challenging
· Effective influencers
· Leads and manages change
· Steps beyond comfort zones