Chemical Indexing Unit Team Leader
Berkshire-Bracknell, Berkshire-Bracknell, United Kingdom
Date published: 13-Dec-2016
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
Are you a strong team player with the self-motivation to work independently, as well as lead and train a talented team and partner with key stakeholders at all levels of the business to consistently meet deadlines with high quality information?
Working in Research & Development, Chemical Research, you will lead a team conducting the expert searching, registration and maintenance of Syngenta’s global chemical compound collection:
- Lead the Chemical Indexing Team to ensure their workload is effectively managed, maintaining timeliness and quality of all registration activities.
- Have responsibility for the accuracy and integrity of Syngenta chemical data records, and maintain data standards whilst serving customer needs.
- Develop future strategy and systems, software and skill sets required for chemistry indexing, compound identification and sample purchasing.
- Ensure the full exploitation of data from the internal Syngenta corporate chemical database and external data sources, engage with internal project leaders and R&D Information Services, and provide training and coaching of users in internal chemistry indexing systems.
- Strong background in organic chemistry, with an understanding of stereochemical structure complexity, tautomers and chemical nomenclature.
- High level understanding of computer systems, indexing tools and software.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools with particular expertise in Excel.
- Good understanding of chemical database structure.
- Knowledge of SQL, Python or other programming is an advantage.
- Working in team and project environments, across all levels of an organisation.
- Team leadership.
- Interpretation, selection and transfer of data to databases.
- The management and manipulation of large data sets (including chemical data).
- Database structure, function and data flow.
- Understanding of chemical indexing implications for sample management and logistics.
Syngenta will offer:
- Competitive salary.
- Good benefits scheme.
- Good working environment
Please apply online and include a cover letter with your CV explaining how you fit and would like this opportunity.