Berkshire-Bracknell, Berkshire-Bracknell, United Kingdom
Date published: 25-Apr-2017
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
If you enjoy working within a lab environment and have a Bachelor Degree in Chemistry or have experience gained through working in a similar lab-based environment, this could be a role for you. The successful candidate will provide support for a portfolio of formulation projects, by conducting research and evaluation of novel formulation techniques for new and established active ingredients.
This role provides formulation chemistry and design capability for a portfolio of Formulation Development and Global Supply projects. It is central to the design and manufacture of our finished products, and takes its lead from a combination of scientific advances, and commercial drivers.
To be successful in this role
- Have studied chemistry to a BSc degree level or have gained equivalent multi-year experience in a laboratory environment
- Have experience of working in a laboratory environment and the desire to continue in a lab-based, technical role is key
- Knowledge and experience in using laboratory tools, e.g. experimental design, electronic lab notebooks
- Be a team player and able to work across the portfolio of formulation projects
- Good communication skills, scientific curiosity and a high level of pride in your work is key
Syngenta will offer:
- The opportunity to grow with the world's leading Agribusiness company, operating within a challenging international business environment
- An open, supportive, and collaborative working culture
- Great opportunities for personal development and career progression
- A permanent, fulltime role, based on-site at our Jealotts Hill Campus, Bracknell, England
- Competitive salary and benefits scheme