IS Site Services Specialist - 1603917
Berkshire-Bracknell, Berkshire-Bracknell, United Kingdom
Date published: 4-Nov-2016
To ensure smooth delivery of IT services within a given geography (UK)
- Responsible for and supports delivery of IS services to clients on site
- Responsible for managing local suppliers of IS Services
Leads and manages local IS projects, supports regional and global projects.
Supports ad-hoc service requests as required
- Delivers continuous improvement of IS Services to support business initiatives and to improve the quality of the IS services delivered
- Ensures compliance with Syngenta IS Standards and policies
- Develops, maintains and improves IS processes and standards
- Prepares and issues communication to all stakeholders of local issues and changes.
Occasionally, on request, works outside of origin country but within same geographical region.
Operates as part of the Client Service Management team working in accordance with their processes, governance tools and contributes to knowledge management.
Manages escalations as required
Acts as the backup for the country Site Service Manager
Provides hands-on support to resolve IT issues as required
Develops local IT solutions to support business need as appropriate
Critical success factors & key challenges
Support the implementation of the IS End User Services model
Contribute to IS Knowledge Management by ensuring that any local specialties are captured
Establish good working practices with geographically dispersed teams of different cultural backgrounds.
Establish good relationship with key stakeholders and clients.
Support/Manage any local projects as appropriate
Identify opportunities for standardisation and simplification
Continuously seek to improve service to the client
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
Technical knowledge of IT infrastructure and end user computing technology
Working knowledge of how a service organisation operates
Experience in working in a technical IT role
Supporting IT projects
Dealing with customers/clients
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to develop relationships within IS and with vendors
- Ability to cope with pressure
- Possess sound commercial awareness and persuades and convinces clients and project teams of proposed solutions and approach.
- Confidence fixing problems hands-on
- Troubleshooting and problem management skills