R&D Operations Team Leader - Berkshire-Bracknell, UK
Berkshire-Bracknell, Bracknell, Berkshire, United Kingdom
Date published: 26-Apr-2017
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
The Product Safety & Regulatory organization supports the entire R&D process. We influence the design and selection of optimal new chemistry, traits and formulations for full development in the early stage innovation pipeline. We then generate knowledge underpinned by sound scientific evidence to ensure our products and technologies are safe for both humans and the environment. We use that information to inform and implement our regulatory strategies and achieve the licenses to sell our products through regulatory approvals.
About this job:
Based at our Jealotts Hill International Research & Development site this role is vital in ensuring the effective & efficient delivery of Product Safety & Regulatory Operational activities of the Business Management & Compliance Group. The successful candidate will lead a team to deliver financial, compliance and knowledge management services. You will have strong leadership and excellent communication skills, as well as a commitment to implementing process improvements and excellence in ways of working.
- Lead and manage the workload of the team, as the manager you will ensure key projects and deadlines are met. You will also be a key contact with internal stakeholders, gaining an understanding, commitment and interest in the work of the team.
- Use data, metrics and KPI’s to demonstrate the team’s success with senior management and to gauge performance towards operational goals..
- Demonstrate a commitment to operational excellence; actively and enthusiastically seeking opportunities, looking to influence and drive continuous improvement in operations, with the overriding aim of delivering value to the customer.
- Ensure PS & RA Operations are compliant to internal guidelines, processes and controls as well as external laws and regulations (national/international). Compliance to include, but not limited to the areas of scientific standards (e.g. GLP), asset protection, intellectual property rights, animal testing, legal agreements, regulatory report requirements.
- Define, communicate, drive & monitor a periodic compliance assessment programme of external organisations that deliver work for PS & Regulatory.
- Ensure adequate resources (internal & external) are available to implement compliance assessment programme.
Essential Knowledge & Experience
- Degree requiring analytical and methodical thinking, or equivalent work experience.
- Strong people management; engaging, motivating and leading a successful team.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to capture interest, inform and gain commitment.
- Demonstrable commitment to operational excellence; to actively and enthusiastically seek opportunities, influences & drives continuous improvement in operations, with the aim of delivering value to the customer.
Syngenta will offer:
- The opportunity to grow with the world's leading Agribusiness company, operating within a challenging international business environment.
- An open, supportive, and collaborative working culture.
- Great opportunities for personal development and career progression.
- A permanent, fulltime role, based on-site at our Jealotts Hill Campus, Bracknell, England.
- Competitive salary and benefits scheme.
This role may have up to 5% travel.
G06-Jealotts Hill Int. Research Cen
Jealotts Hill Int. Research Cen
Bracknell RG42 6EY