Health, Safety & Environment Adviser 1602905
Bracknell, Berkshire-Bracknell, United Kingdom
Date published: 2-Sep-2016
To provide expert HSE & Security knowledge and skills in order to develop, influence and promote a positive HSE & Security culture. To provide advice to Site Management teams and staff to ensure compliance with Syngenta HSE & Security Policy and Standards and all relevant national and international HSE & Security legislation and best practice.
· Monitor and interpret legislation, Syngenta HSE & Security Standards, CoPs and Guidance. Work with the Site Management Teams and staff to ensure all requirements are implemented and complied with.
· Provide competent, professional and independent FM-biased HSE advice to management and employees with particular focus on fire safety, emergency management, driver/vehicle safety, pressure systems, construction safety, equipment safety, auditing of 3rd party contractors
· Project manage security and HSE projects
· Contribute as a member of the site emergency management system providing specialised support to the effective management and investigation of incidents
· Identify, develop and lead the implementation of relevant HSE procedures and improvement programmes
· Maintain records of activities and procedures to satisfy legal and Syngenta requirements
· Provide relevant HSE training to managers and employees that equips them to deliver their line management & employee accountabilities
· Liaise with Regulatory Authorities to ensure that all necessary licenses/permits are gained and retained.
· Attend and pro-actively contribute to inspections, HSE Work Groups & Site HSE Committee meetings
Critical success factors & key challenges
· Ability to communicate to influence in order to develop HSE programmes based on continual improvement
· Stakeholder engagement to ensure positive HSE culture
· Ability to challenge the status quo
· Recognition and understanding of what the HSE requirements are for area of responsibility and to develop and lead pragmatic solutions to enable business objectives to be met in a manner that does not result in incident or illness.
Knowledge, experience & capabilities
· Ideally educated to degree level in engineering or science subject
· NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent (would consider NEBOSH Certificate)
· IEMA certificate or equivalent (Desirable)
· Security qualification (Desirable)
· Experience in a role where you have had to develop HSE & Security programmes and influence stakeholders to a successful outcome.
· FM-biased HSE background particularly with respect to construction HSE, fire safety, pressure systems, emergency management
· Analytical thinking
· Ability to develop pragmatic solutions and new approaches which contribute to the advancement of the business
· Self-starter with an energy for leading projects
· Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in an organisation
· Ability to manage diversity and respond in a timely manner
· High level influencing skills and motivational relationship building
· Manages Performance to ensure high standards - Senses and adapts to the changing environment to achieve excellence in delivery
· Focuses energy on must-wins - Creates passion and excitement