Production Support Officer
Grangemouth, Grangemouth, United Kingdom
Date published: 27-Jan-2017
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
About the Job
The production support role sits within a busy planning department. The role focuses on the management of all activities supporting the production supply chain by raising purchase orders, tracking deliveries and collections of material, receipting raw materials to SAP, reconciling stock, dispatching product in line with business expectations and updating commercial systems in a timely manner to ensure that financial accounts and business visibility are accurate and up to date. We are seeking an individual with attention to detail and strong communication skills. The jobholder must be largely self-supporting and have the ability to work under pressure with attributes such as accuracy, problem solving, tenacity, and planning/organisational skills. The activity level is diverse and the job requires a person that can multi task and prioritise a wide range of activities at any one time. Excellent interpersonal skills are required in order to effectively communicate, liaise and influence at all levels of the business.
There are opportunities throughout Syngenta for progression.
• Record and update business and associated systems in a timely manner, to give accurate visibility of purchases, plans, customer promises and financials.
• Dispatching of finished and intermediate Materials
• Document control, checking and archiving
• Provide cover for the Production Support Roles to ensure an effective Manufacturing Support Service is maintained at all times
• Ordering Raw Materials
• Package label ordering and in-house printing of labels
• Stock control
• Completing the Site Monthly Waste report
• Managing site waste movements
Essential Knowledge & Experience
• Experience in a clerical/administrative role
• Manufacturing experience
• Microsoft Excel
• Attention to detail
• Excellent communication
Preferred Knowledge & Experience
• HNC/A-Levels or equivalent
Additional Important Information
• Based in Grangemouth
• Full time