Control Electrical Technician
Huddersfield, Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Date published: 7-Dec-2016
Control Electrical Technician (1604407)
About Syngenta: Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
We are currently seeking a control electrical engineer to work within a small team supporting the Diquat area at our Huddersfield Manufacturing Centre. This position reports to the maintenance engineer and the successful candidate will have longer term career opportunities to progress to a design engineer or maintenance engineer role.
About the Job
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate understanding of the Alarms and trips procedures and be authorised for carrying out SIL B & 0 class alarms tests across a number of plants.
- Assist with the development of the site's apprentices by training, coaching the individuals as part of their development...
- Develop and use Engineering Guides, check sheets and Routine Maintenance Documents for maintenance activities.
- Take an active part within the sites Performance Management programme
- Provide local engineering support, giving technical support & training to all process personnel to carry out engineering activities.
- Support Plant Maintenance Engineer and Task Controller on reliability improvements as required, to support the plant functions to eliminate defects, delays & waste
- Liaise with Term Contractors for efficient execution of work
- Maintain effective communication between the all within the Manufacturing Team on plant.
- Provide support for the Task Controller role in their absence
- Install instruments and support systems on new or existing plant equipment and systems to appropriate installation standards and practices
- Deliver first line maintenance to the plant.
- Pro-actively work with the manufacturing team, to assist with the co-ordination and execution of work effectively to minimise downtime.
- Carry out planned maintenance and maintenance routines
- Assist engineering with plant design, modification and hazard analysis
- Participate is plant improvement projects
- Solve problems and diagnose defect
- Follow and implement Safe Systems of Work for daily activities, providing the highest HSEQ standards
Consulting diagrams and technical documentation effectively
Calibrate and maintain components and instruments according to manufacturers' specifications
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
Completed a recognised Control / Electrical apprenticeship or have equivalent experience / qualification.
Achieved a BTEC & HNC qualification in a C/E related discipline.
Achieved a NVQ LIII in C/E related discipline.
Understand HSEQ Standards & requirements and their application, through safe systems of work, for working on a Top Tier COMAH site.
An in depth knowledge of the relevant engineering systems, equipment & procedures
A working knowledge of SAP and good computer literacy.
Knowledgeable in overall plant systems and interactions of processes.
Experience of plant based maintenance
Preferred Knowledge & Experience
Sufficient knowledge of the Management of Change system to be an “owner” and “originator” as required.
Approval for SIL 1 & 2 authorisation within the A&T test system across site.
Have a detailed knowledge of the overall plant control systems, technology and interactions of reaction processes.
Demonstrate excellent risk assessments abilities
HNC in relevant discipline or equivalent
Additional Important Information:
Based in Huddersfield
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate that they are eligible to live and carry out the particular role in the UK
There will be an expectation to be flexible, working over on days, with additional hours to assist in completing tasks to enable the asset to be operational.
Manage holidays and time off site within ET group, arranging and providing cover for other plants. Cover arrangements must be communicated to affected plant maintenance engineer and asset manager.