Site Engineering Maintenance Manager
Huddersfield, Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Date published: 24-Feb-2017
Site Engineering Maintenance Manager - (1700532)
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
The main purpose of the role is to inspire through excellent leadership, the site’s maintenance teams by setting the direction for the group, coaching the team to develop a route map to deliver the agreed vision, and developing the culture, people and standards to maintain safe availability of plant across the site.
Successful candidate will focus on these main areas:
• HSE performance and compliance for the site’s maintenance team
• Engineering availability for all site assets
• Revenue and Capital cost and value management.
• Personal and team development of maintenance staff
• Engineering Standards – their development and use
About the job
Job holder will be responsible for:
• Driving an HSE Goal Zero culture
• Setting and maintaining the HSEQ standard throughout maintenance for asset standards, reliable operating methods and robust installation procedures.
• Management and enforcement of HSEQ compliance for all areas.
• Championing incident reporting, timely inquiries and the cascade of shared learning
• Managerial responsibility for the site’s maintenance team
• Ownership at a site level of the competence of our maintenance staff, including defining the standard and managing the process of achieving and maintaining it
• Taking overall accountability for the site’s engineering revenue and IAS16 maintenance budget. Deliver accurate LE’s and AFC’s for Sustenance, Capital and Contingency spending.
• Setting, negotiating and defining budgets that lead to the successful delivery of the assets’ engineering strategies.
• Driving the process that identifies areas for improvement which help the manufacturing area to be more effective, efficient and reliable, utilising available data on site and the latest industry wide technologies and best practices
• Promoting ‘prevent and care’ in preference to ‘break/fix mentality’ with right first time
• Creation of standard work with alignment from leader to manager to associate
• Championing appropriate investigation of all plant failures using problem solving techniques such as RCA, fishbone, etc.
• Owning the process for the delivery of the plant maintenance guides and strategy documents
• Developing Duty Holder (authorised person) authorisation for PSSR, COMAH, PUWER, LOLER, CDM, Management of change procedure, Electricity at Work, LOLER and DSEAR.
Essential knowledge & experience
• Proven experience in plant based maintenance engineering team management, including 1st and 2nd line management.
• Working knowledge of key legislation including HASAWA, PSSR, PUWER, LOLER, Electricity at work, DSEAR
• Practitioner in formal problem solving tools (eg: RCA, 5 why’s)
• Strong leadership and compelling influencing skills
• A degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Control Engineering
• Chartered status with either IMechE, IEEE or equivalent
• Experience managing HSEQ Standards (preferably on Top Tier COMAH site)
• Full time/ Permanent
• Location: Huddersfield
• Travel up to 10%