Microbiologist/Fermentation Scientist - (1600376)
Jealott's Hill (Berkshire), Berkshire-Bracknell, United Kingdom
Date published: 28-Oct-2016
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
Are you an experienced microbiologist or fermentation scientist looking for the next step in your career? You may have a background in biocontrol or natural product discovery areas.
We are looking for individuals who have cultivated challenging organisms and developed novel processes for their production. Working in a creative environment, this opportunity will enable you to be an integral part in helping this team achieve their future strategy.
- Develop media & processes for production of biomolecules and secondary metabolites from challenging microorganisms
- Lead and actively contribute to experimental design, assessment and development of customized fermentations
- Provide input into the future strategy and capabilities of the team
- Provide expertise in the development of processes for challenging microorganisms
- Initiates and conducts research experiments on fermentation process R&D, to determine the most efficient methods for production and recovery
- Oversee and also execute production of experimental testing material for bioassay, greenhouse and field trials
- Give guidance, direction and possible supervision to other team members
- Peer review, discuss and share with other researchers and report within global project teams
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Skilled in experimental design, analysis and presentation of data
- In-depth experience of working with a variety of micro-organisms
- Appreciation for stimulatory factors for induction of secondary metabolites and how these conditions may be achieved under laboratory conditions
- Good understanding and practical experience of microscopy techniques
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities:
- Demonstrable experience in creative microbiology and fermentation related research, preferably in industry
- Formal science scientific education in microbiology related subjects
- Experience working with microorganisms/biologicals/natural products
Syngenta will offer:
- Fulltime, permanent role
- Campus environment
- Working with a dynamic team made up of highly qualified and experienced members
- Opportunities for career progression
- Competitive benefits package
If you have the skills we are looking for and you would like to join a world leading organization we would love to hear from you.
G06-Jealotts Hill Int. Research Cen
Jealotts Hill Int. Research Cen
Bracknell RG42 6EY