Product Biologist Support
Jealott's Hill (Berkshire), Berkshire-Bracknell, United Kingdom
Date published: 30-Mar-2017
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources more sustainably. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
Based at our Fulbourn office, this opportunity will work within the Product Biology team who manage this indication for regulatory submissions. The successful candidate will support through data management (in time becoming the team systems expert), project and resource planning, organizing and attending international team meetings. We are offering a varied role and looking for an individual with experience in agrochemical and plant production within herbicides.
- Working with the requirements of the Biological Dossier Specialist you will provide data mining for the Biological Assessment Dossier (BAD).
- Assist Biological Dossier Specialist in BAD and dRR compilation (i.e. data formatting, tabulation, construction of reference lists etc.).
- Ensure 2nd level data quality check in accordance with requirements of the Biological Dossier Specialist.
- Ensure uploading of reports in support of BAD/dRRs in Smartdoc according to Indication team Biology submission schedule.
- Peer review of contracted BAD/dRRs for "FORMATTING" in accordance with agreed timelines and project plan.
- Support Product Biologist (PB) in data mining for the EAME results and in preparation of EAME Technical Launches.
- Provide consistency and quality of data in/from planning tool in coordination with PB's and Dossier Specialist.
- Provide analysis for effective resource allocation.
- Coordinate agenda and minutes for Indication team meetings.
Information management and knowledge sharing:
- Key user of tools (e.g. Bioplan, FPLS, GDB, Smartdoc, Teamspace, Spotfire).
- Coordinate and manage Indication team teamspace activities.
- Ensure a good technical information flow within the Indication team, FIS and Data Knowledge community and other relevant functions.
Strong IT tools background (FIS: FPLS, GDB, ARM), Statistic tools, Smartdoc, MS office applications.
Good agronomical and plant protection knowledge.
Good knowledge of methodology and guidelines.
Excellent communication skills and networking abilities are required in this multi-national team.
Ability to search and handle information to optimize communication processes.
Scientific mindset, data interpretation and analysis for both regulatory and marketing use.
Experience in the implementation, management and analysis of field trials.
Syngenta will offer:
An opportunity to work in an international team.
Develop key skills to become a specialist in this team and to take your career forward.
Competitive salary and benefits.
A role that requires international travel, approximately 10% over the year.