Expert Toxicologist (1603517)
Jealott's Hill (Berkshire), Berkshire, United Kingdom
Date published: 28-Oct-2016
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
Are you a study director at a contract research organization or do you manage toxicology studies placed at CROs on behalf of your organization? Do you enjoy working as part of a cross functional team and providing advice to internal stakeholders on human safety?
- To take responsibility for all phases of toxicity studies including specification, conduct, problem solving, reporting and interpretation.
- To provide technical expertise in toxicology to support compound development and maintain ongoing registrations.
- To propose novel approaches to aid investigations to develop toxicological knowledge.
- Manages studies in order to deliver results along with an interpretation of the significance and consequences of those results.
- Has influence on the development of techno-regulatory strategies and project work plans.
- Seeks out latest developments in defined areas in toxicology.
- Could act as a technical expert in a defined discipline of Toxicology
Critical Success Factors:
- To rapidly assimilate study and project information in order to make a significant and early contribution to studies and products
- To understand the requirements of toxicology studies in order to properly specify, manage and interpret findings
- To gain the confidence of internal partners so that the job-holder is quickly viewed as a credible toxicologist
- Seeks out latest developments in defined areas of toxicology
- Proactivity, attention to detail and adherence to quality standards
- Study direction or study management with experience of interpretation of significant and complex data
- Experience in agrochemical product development would be desirable
Syngenta will offer:
- Diverse and collaborative working environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Fulltime, permanent role on our campus environment in Jealotts Hill, Bracknell