Technical Expert - Ecotoxicology
Jealott's Hill, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Date published: 20-Mar-2017
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources more sustainably. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
Working within the Product Safety function the Ecotoxicology Technical Expert will provide support to Environmental Safety platform through design, monitoring and interpretion of standard and bespoke ecotoxicological studies for use in risk assessment of Plant Protection Products. The role sits within our Ecoscience group and offers a varied and stimulating role working in a highly interactive part of our business.
The successful candidate will provide support and sometimes leadership across any of the following areas:
- Bird and mammal risk assessment.
- Liaison with Toxicology and Health sciences on toxicological endpoints used in wild mammal risk assessment.
- Design and study monitoring of studies performed in support of bird and mammal risk assessment.
- Linking with industry bodies and experts on generic bird and mammal risk assessment issues.
- Toxicokinetics/Toxicodynamics and/or ecological modelling.
- Terrestrial ecotoxicology.
- Study design, study monitoring, interpretation of Toxicokinetic/Toxicodynamic and/or ecological modelling data.
- Biological degree, with graduate education in a relevant discipline at Masters or PhD level, or a proven experience in this area.
- Understanding of design and conduct of toxicology studies would be valuable.
- Good level of statistical competence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
Syngenta can offer:
- An opportunity to develop your career in a varied role, working across a diverse team.
- Future prospects to progress within a diverse group as well as in the wider international business.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Collaborative working environment, in modern open plan offices.
- Campus style site.
Please apply online including a cover letter and CV.