Quality Management & Sustainable Excellence Lead - Jealott's Hill, UK
Jealotts Hill, Bracknell, Berkshire, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
Date published: 19-May-2017
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
Reporting to the Head of Seeds Trialling and Nurseries for the UK this role will be based at our Jealotts Hill, Lincolnshire or one of our Cambridgeshire sites. The successful candidate will manage two areas, Quality Management Systems and Sustainable Excellence.
You will ensure the local implementation and R&D support of the Quality Management (QM) System across the UK, this system is designed to measure, analyse and report quality indicators.
Additionally the role will lead a UK team in continuous improvement and sustained excellence as well as drive operational excellence capability across the UK R&D aligned to business priorities.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead, inspire and develop others.
- Build productive relationships with key stakeholders, working in collaboration with partners in Seeds Production Development and Regional Product Development.
- Identify and solve production problems creatively in a timely manner.
- Show creativity and innovation to support continuous improvement and sustained excellence.
- Understanding and concern for HSE standards and quality of work as an individual and across the UK Seeds R&D Ops teams.
- Ability manage high workload and plan effectively.
- Able to keep goals, targets and objectives in sight during busy periods.
- Degree or equivalent in agricultural or biological science.
- Understanding of Quality management systems and challenges.
- Broad experience of Syngenta processes, procedures, organization structure and people.
- Operating Excellence practitioner trained.
- Knowledge and experience in Seeds R&D.
- Direct management experience of teams and projects.
- Broad and influential local external network. Experience of managing customer expectations essential.
- Experience of using Reliance and other Quality Management Systems essential.
- Experience of successful project management with proven results essential.
- Experience of delivering continuous improvement or similar project activities, combined with the ability to prioritize, plan, organize, and monitor multiple concurrent activities in order to meet strict timelines, influencing teams over which you have no direct line management accountability is essential.
- Experience of dealing with and managing change is key.
- Working with Cereals crops experience is desirable.
- Commitment to the highest standards and quality of work.
- Ability to communicate at all levels and collaborate across boundaries.
- Creates an environment that supports creativity, coach people to spark innovation. Ability to drive and influence a continuous improvement culture and mind set.
- Ability to work within a matrix environment strong stakeholder management, influencing skills.
- Ability to deal with resistance and drive results through others.
- The opportunity to grow with the world's leading Agribusiness company, operating within a challenging international business environment.
- An open, supportive, and collaborative working culture.
- Great opportunities for personal development and career progression.
- A permanent, fulltime role.
- Competitive salary and benefits scheme.