Master Data Manager for NPI (New Product Introductions)
Manchester, MANCHESTER, United Kingdom
Date published: 13-Oct-2016
Master Data Manager for NPI (New Product Introductions) - (1602659)
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
To support our ambition, Syngenta is establishing a Global Operations Centre in Manchester, UK, enabling operations (including Supply Chain as well as Procurement) and providing key business services covering IT, Project & Process management and Service Excellence.
You will be part of a team that works collaboratively across our global business, to develop innovative tools and technology and deliver essential services and solutions to the company.
Joining the Global Operations Centre, you will have the opportunity to drive major business initiatives, support our internal and external customers and enable Syngenta to operate more productively.
About this job:
The successful candidate will be the main focal point for master data activities linked to range management and new product introductions (NPIs) and product withdrawals (range management maintenance) within Production & Supply (P&S). We are seeking a self-starter, who will own and define global master data policies and processes for range management and NPIs. He/She will be required to engage with subject matter experts in Syngenta to define the problem statement and develop solutions to set up the engagement model for Master Data Management. He/she will work with Syngenta Business Services (SBS) and other functions to ensure a robust execution of the engagement model in cooperation with counterparts in the regions. Depending on the resource requirements, he/she may also be required to build and manage a team of master data management managers.
- Act as single point of contact within P&S for complex master data issues related to range management and new product introductions
- Define and ensure adherence to global standards and policies for master data range management and range additions
- Ensure requirements for master data creation for NPIs are defined correctly
- Working with the regions to establish global standards for master data and ensure adherence to the defined standards
- To identify and deliver continuous improvement initiatives for master data in the context of range management
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience in Master data management and understand the complex master data structures in the business.
- Advanced SAP R/3 user
- Project management experience
- Experience in supply and/or operations roles
- Experience in working in an environment with complex master data structure
Preferred Knowledge & Experience:
- Lean / six sigma experience of advantage
- Preferred Masters’ degree in technical, engineering or supply chain management or equivalent
Additional important information:
- Full time
- Based in Manchester
- Travel 20 - 35%
- Salary: Competitive