Planning & Ops Process Manager
Manchester, MANCHESTER, United Kingdom
Date published: 19-Dec-2016
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
To support our ambition, Syngenta is establishing a Global Operations Centre in Manchester, UK, enabling operations (including Supply Chain as well as Procurement) and providing key business services covering IT, Project & Process management and Service Excellence.
You will be part of a team that works collaboratively across our global business, to develop innovative tools and technology and deliver essential services and solutions to the company.
Joining the Global Operations Centre, you will have the opportunity to drive major business initiatives, support our internal and external customers and enable Syngenta to operate more productively.
About this job:
We have an exciting opportunity within our S&OP (Sales & Operations Planning) team for an individual to focus on developing and implementing new processes and process improvements as well as working with cross-regional teams to drive transactional discipline and compliance into operational activities. The successful candidate will lead the development and implementation of key cross functional processes, including pre-launch, in-launch and post-launch for New Product Introductions (NPIs) and an SLA Framework, between Region & Territory, for planning and operational management. They will also lead the implementation of global standards for master data management and drive compliance requirements into supply operations processes. The ideal candidate will have a background in planning, have an excellent knowledge of Master Data and will have worked close to the business within operations. The role has a high level of autonomy and will require a high level of self-motivation with strong communication and influencing skills.
- Process definition and operational for pre-launch, in-launch and post-launch to achieve NPI sales.
- Master data standards implemented in the region.
- Gap analysis in processes and lead a continuous improvement plan, working with regional and territory supply operations teams, to ensure compliance.
- SLA framework between region and territory for supply operations in place, with clear functional ownership for implementation.
- Continuous improvement, to drive simplification and process adherence in cross-functional processes, such as NPI, MDM and range management.
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience in supply and/or operations roles with experience of master data management
- Experience in working in an environment with complex master data structures
- Experience in planning & operations processes
- Advanced SAP R/3 user
- Project management experience
Preferred Knowledge & Experience:
- Lean / six sigma experience of advantage
- Master degree in technical, engineering or supply chain management or equivalent
Additional important information:
- Full time
- Based in Manchester
- Closing date - 13th Jan