Sales & Operations Planning Change Lead
Manchester, MANCHESTER, United Kingdom
Date published: 13-Oct-2016
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
About the job:
This role sits within the planning community based in our new global operations centre in Manchester and leads the monthly regional S&OP process enabling decision making to drive enhanced business performance with a strong focus on governance, compliance and process improvement. He/she will proactively use OPEX principles to promote continuous improvement throughout S&OP and P&F practices within the region, networking with Territory teams to drive an increase in maturity into Regional S&OP process ensuring adherence to planning & forecasting.
The successful candidate will establish and maintain operational EAME S&OP forums within the business calendar and prepare consolidated supply, commercial and business data and provide high maturity and accurate S&OP packs in support of effective decision making processes. The jobholder will also drive process discipline and action follow up and decision implementation. He/She will also facilitate the Field Crops preSOPs owned by the Operating Units (OUs) to deliver a standardised, fit for purpose and sustainable S&OP forum. The role will also be a key focal point for continuous improvements and will
anticipate and propose improvements in monitoring performance and business outlook, aligned to OPEX principles and Global S&OP requirements and to drive simplification. The S&OP Change Lead will work with the OU and SCOT teams to proactively identify and facilitate change initiatives that enhance integrated working and networking within the Field Crop supply and OU teams
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience in planning & operations processes
- Experience in Master data management and understand the complex master data structures in the business.
- Advanced SAP R/3 user
- Significant experience in supply and/or operations roles with experience of master data management
- Experience in working in an environment with complex master data structures
- Project management experience
Preferred Knowledge & Experience:
- Lean / six sigma experience of advantage
- Degree in technical, engineering or supply chain management or equivalent
- Full time/ Permanent
- Travel : Limited amount of travel to drive project activities in a range of different locations