Senior Process Engineer
Manchester, MANCHESTER, United Kingdom
Date published: 9-Nov-2016
Senior Process Engineer
Process Technology, Huddersfield Manufacturing Centre,
About Syngenta: Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
You’ve achieved success as a graduate Process Engineer, have reached Chartered status, or be actively working towards it, and now you are ready to take the next step in your career. Syngenta can help you to grow your expertise and share it, whilst building a strong network throughout our worldwide organisation.
Huddersfield Manufacturing Centre manufactures six major crop protection Active Ingredients for global distribution. We are looking for a Senior Process Engineer to join our team to help us deliver excellence in manufacturing support, capital projects and process science.
This role is wide, varied and responsible. You will be a key member of multi-disciplinary teams, working together to drive improvements in existing manufacturing processes, in cost, capacity and HSE performance. To meet this challenge, you will need a tenacious drive to deliver workable solutions, based on sound scientific principles. This is rare opportunity to progress your career by directly influencing our manufacturing processes and making a difference.
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
- Requiring a sound knowledge of Process Engineering fundamentals with practical experience.
- A good understanding of Chemical Engineering Principles and underlying theory associated with the definition, design and operation of a wide range of reactor design, separation, heat transfer, comminution and mixing processes.
- Knowledge in the application of HSE standards (e.g. Pressure Relief Definition and Design, Basis of Safety definition, Flammability, Safety Instrumented Systems )
Preferred Knowledge & Experience:
- Manufacturing experience, ideally COMAH, ATEX, SIL, LOPA
- Ability to plan and control activities over weeks and months
- Ability to deal effectively with staff at all levels within the organisation
- Ability to understand the impact of process technology on the supply chain and production.
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work effectively in teams, influence and gain support
- Must have degree level education in Chemical or Process Engineering, at least BEng or MEng equivalent.
- Preferably a Chartered Engineer and full Member of the Institute of Chemical Engineers (MIChemE) or be actively working towards it
- Full time/ Permanent
- Travel up to 10%