Technology and Knowledge Expert
Manchester, MANCHESTER, United Kingdom
Date published: 7-Dec-2016
Technology and Knowledge Expert - (1604356)
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
To support our ambition, Syngenta has established a Global Operations Centre in Manchester, UK, enabling operations (including Supply Chain as well as Procurement) and providing key business services covering IT, Project & Process management and Service Excellence.
You will be part of a team that works collaboratively across our global business, to develop innovative tools and technology and deliver essential services and solutions to the company.
Joining the Global Operations Centre, you will have the opportunity to drive major business initiatives, support our internal and external customers and enable Syngenta to operate more productively.
About this job:
This role sits within a Centre of Expertise for Production & Supply (P&S CoE). The core purpose of the role is to deploy and sustain the appropriate and fit for purpose knowledge management technologies and tools along with the enabling business processes, in support of a global community. The successful candidate will actively develop and implement the best practices in the utilization of the functions knowledge management systems and will provide advocacy and management of knowledge structures (attributes, platforms and document types) to ensure that consistent knowledge models are in place and used effectively and consistently to facilitate effective knowledge sharing. The jobholder will work closely with the Program Manager to ensure ongoing development and sustainability of the P&S knowledge management community & embedding the KM strategy, and also with the Network and Knowledge Expert in the development and delivery of engaging and creative supporting communications.
- Lead in the identification, evaluation, development, implementation & embedding of any new, or improvements to existing knowledge management, social media, and collaboration tools for the community in consideration of the Syngenta IS & Intranet strategies.
- To provide support to a diverse community of users (nationalities, experience, skill levels), acting as first point of contact for content management, user communication, administration and training on the LEAP sites, platforms, and tools (TeamSpace, Collaborative Community Platform, CMS & MediaWiki)
- Forge relationships with people in similar roles across other Syngenta business units in order to represent the function & to develop, capture, share and learn on best practice, new concepts, approaches and tools.
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationships with key identified business partners
- To work with our various Networks to design, develop and implement the appropriate knowledge structure to best meet their needs while both maintaining a level of consistency in approach to ensure ease of use and efficiency in search and aligning with the functional KM strategy.
- Provide the expertise in the development, maintenance and continuous improvement of the program Intranet sites, Teamspaces and associated CMS pages. Control content management, ensuring adherence to defined governance models and consistency with Syngenta Corporate guidelines.
- To proactively manage the Wiki development and ongoing sustainability, coordinating the needs of the Networks and Program Manager & providing suitable challenge as appropriate.
- To develop and coordinate appropriate training throughout the function to up-skill Network members in the basics of collaboration & learning/sharing tools.
- To coordinate and deliver the appropriate training for the functions Knowledge Advisors to ensure we maintain the right level of capabilities across the organization.
- To work in conjunction with Network and Knowledge Expert in how we creatively and engagingly communicate on our program, our tools and the platforms used.
Critical Knowledge & Experience
- Understanding of current & emerging social networking, collaboration and KM systems and technologies.
- High level of Sharepoint knowledge. Strong knowledge of SharePoint available knowledge structures and functionalities for knowledge sharing.
- In depth & proven experience in building, designing and developing knowledge sharing structures using SharePoint technology.
- Experience in use of infographics and graphic visual representations of information, data or knowledge in order to present information quickly and clearly & engagingly.
- Good command of MS office applications (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Appreciation and understanding of the behaviors which assist and hinder the successful sharing of knowledge.
- Aware of the central importance and strategic benefits of knowledge management
- Able to better manage knowledge effectively at an organizational and team level.
- Experience in structuring company Intranets and internal sites.
- Experience in working with internal customers to understand and extract user needs and be able to transform these into technical requirements.
- Previous experience in Knowledge Management, developing and/or delivering knowledge management programs in global companies, understanding reliance on online collaboration and tools.
- Understanding of the wider social media and collaboration tools and systems which can be accessed externally to Syngenta.
- Aware of the critical success factors associated with knowledge management – from an individual to organizational level
- Sound project management, communication and implementation skills
- Experience in project and change management.
- Experience in change management processes
- Proven experience in the area of stakeholder management and effective communications
Preferred Knowledge & Experience
- Editor or administrator experience and knowledge in MediaWiki
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Graphic design skills
Additional Important Information
- Full time
- 100% Office based