Technology Finished Production Processing Seeds Processing Tech Specialist - Pasco, WA
Pasco, WA, United States
Date published: 1-Jun-2017
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
About this Job:
- Improve seed processing efficiencies by developing sustainable systems that will deliver increased through-puts while meeting established quality standards.
- Identify opportunities for advancing seed processing effectiveness/efficiency and provide in-region support for the introduction of new technologies in collaboration with regional and global technical leads.
- Manage seed conditioning projects across multiple sites. Management to include experimental design, logistics management, consultation on project execution, workload assignments, data collection, and statistical analysis.
- Collaborates with Production and Processing Technology (PPT), Production Excellence (PE) and Production teams to identify, design, test and analyze production conditioning projects; provides recommendations to Production Management.
- Improve production efficiencies by developing sustainable systems that will deliver increased seed yield and quality; while lowering cost of goods produced across multiple crops including Corn, Large Seeded Vegetable, Soybean, Sunflower, and other crop responsibilities as assign by Regional Lead.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of the overall strategy for the North America PPT group in collaboration with the global PPT group.
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- Ensure critical projects are identified, prioritized, designed and executed properly with a focus on continuous improvement of seed yield, quality and efficiency. The focus is on benefits to customer(s), making all necessary preparations to conduct studies, execution following prescribed protocols, accuracy of data collected, and alignment with Syngenta global seeds supply chain objectives.
- Maintain the appropriate balance of priorities and resources during project management. Work with other members of PPT and production operations to achieve efficiencies when executing projects through priority setting and resource management.
- Analyze data and prepare reports/presentations for delivery to internal and external department customers. Present information through a number of formal and informal avenues. Develop two-way communication with various audiences ranging from operations personnel to department managers.
- Maintain an awareness of competitive developments and key technologies in the seed production and adjacent industries, along with external technology institutions to ensure that innovations are identified, evaluated, and implemented.
- Work with the technical leads/global engineering in the definition of standard processing models.
- Ensure full HSE compliance and promote environmentally sustainable solutions.
- Personal development; Attend Company sanctioned and/or external training seminars, as agreed upon with Supervisor, for development of personal and technical skills.
- Representation of Syngenta: Builds trust inside the company and in the local community showing ethical considerations and Syngenta values are reflected in company activities.
- Effectively promotes PPT and Syngenta Brand inside the company and with customers and stakeholders.
Preferred Knowledge & Experience:
- Testing and implementation of regional seed conditioning strategies
- Appreciation of statistical or modeling approaches
- Organization, planning, pro-activity and reactivity Leadership
- Flexibility and availability Communication; impactful, open-minded, with an aptitude to develop easy contacts with all customers
- Cross functional and multi-cultural project management aptitude
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Engineering with relevant work experience
- Seeds production knowledge across a range of crops
- Thorough grasp of seed conditioning in corn, soybean and other crops
- Good understanding of seed quality and factors that affect quality.
- Thorough understanding of experimental design and statistical analysis
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Full time/ Permanent
- Pasco, Washington
- Domestic and International travel up to 30%
- Must have a valid driver’s license
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to work days, evenings and weekends
- Must be able to travel by car or plane
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone, fax, copier and computer
WORKING CONDITIONS WHILE PERFORMING ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- 60% of work performed in standard office
- 40% of work performed at production locations or meetings
- General office environment
- Computer usage for extended periods of time
- Heavy phone usage including teleconferences
Syngenta Contact Information:
If you need assistance during the application process please contact the Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster - Link (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmla.htm)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC) poster - Link (http://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/firststep/poster_direct.htm)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster - Link (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppa.htm).
Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.