Digital Technology Lead
Pune, Maharashtra, India
Date published: 22-May-2018
Digital Technology Lead
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
In Syngenta, we recognize that diversity and inclusion is important to our business, we embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our employees, which will help us continue to drive innovation and achieve our business goals. Our culture enables us to create an environment of involvement, respect and connection with the communities where we operate - benefitting individual employees and the company.
- The Digital Technology Lead will be part of the Syngenta Digital business within the Digital Development and Labs team, responsible for leading the Labs development team and 3rd Party suppliers driving technology solutions specific to the Labs acting as a liaison into the Syngenta Technology Teams.
- The role will be responsible for multiple development systems and standards, working with Peers across Lab geographies. Driving the formation of functional and scalable environments while mentoring younger developers, analysts and interns, ensuring quality control and timely delivery.
- The role will work with Crop Protection and Seeds delivery organization as well as Syngenta Digital to address all digital product demands on a global and regional basis, as well as promoting the overall digital strategy. In addition, this role will manage technology stacks for their zone, collaborating globally to maintain consistency and innovation over time.
- The Technology Lead will be an experienced Senior level developer with a background in systems management, agile methodology and operational ready products (DevOps).
- The Lab teams will deliver POCs, MVPs, Experiments, technology evaluations and underpin design thinking practice, this role will support all of these processes with strong technical expertise.
- Responsible for driving all technology components utilised across Labs (Communications, SandBox environments, Networks, Data / Code Repositories, Hosting)
- Work closely with labs leadership and global counterparts to develop strong, agile and scalable technical infrastructure across Digital Development and Labs teams.
- Delivery & support of the digital products required by Syngenta Digital
- Management and inspirational leadership of junior developers
- Accountability for Technical stack of each product
- Set local and global standards for Technology stacks. Includes AWS / Azure management, DevOps, Testing, Coding Standards
- Support the build of Syngenta Digital development capability by the implementation of the regional Labs, recruitment of resources and applying the digital ways of working
- Participate in the recruitment and evolution of a software development capability to meet Syngenta’s needs for greater control and lower cost of delivery
- Take lead developer role on high profile projects.
- Forensic management of 3rd Party software suppliers
- The profile of the person would be described as : Someone who has experience of working within a Start Up, as a Tech Lead (a mini CTO within the Start Up)
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
- Career experience as lead developer working with leadership level business members and teams
- Career experience in envisioning and leading high impact change projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead and energise junior developers and analyst partners
- Explicit and extensive agile delivery experience
- Experience in Full Stack Development, familiarity with mobile development.
Qualifications & Certifications:
- University undergraduate and/or advanced degree in IT, Engineering, Computer Science, or other relevant educational experience.
- Full time/ Permanent
- Location: Pune, India
- Travel: 5-10%