Digital Technology Lead
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Date published: 22-May-2018
At Syngenta, you’ll be part of a team that is shaping the future of agriculture. Digital agriculture has the power to change the agriculture industry. Digital data and new technologies will transform the way that crops are managed in the future, and enable farmers and agronomists to enhance efficiency and sustainable food production. You will develop solutions that turns data into meaningful information and that simplifies the complexities of 21st century farming. You will connect different data sources to manage whole farm solutions. You will be playing a vital role in the food chain to safely feed the world and take care of our planet.
The Digital Technology Lead will be part of the Syngenta Digital business within the Digital Development and Labs team, responsible for leading the Labs development team and 3rd Party suppliers driving technology solutions specific to the Labs acting as a liaison into the Syngenta Technology Teams.
The role will be responsible for multiple development systems and standards, working with Peers across Lab geographies. Driving the formation of functional and scalable environments while mentoring younger developers, analysts and interns, ensuring quality control and timely delivery.
The role will work with Crop Protection and Seeds delivery organisation as well as Syngenta Digital to address all digital product demands on a global and regional basis, as well as promoting the overall digital strategy. In addition, this role will manage technology stacks for their zone, collaborating globally to maintain consistency and innovation over time.
The Technology Lead will be an experienced Senior level developer with a background in systems management, agile methodology and operational ready products (DevOps).
The Lab teams will deliver POCs, MVPs, Experiments, technology evaluations and underpin design thinking practice, this role will support all of these processes with strong technical expertise.
Responsible for driving all technology components utilised across Labs (Communications, SandBox environments, Networks, Data / Code Repositories, Hosting)
· Work closely with labs leadership and global counterparts to develop strong, agile and scalable technical infrastructure across Digital Development and Labs teams.
· Delivery & support of the digital products required by Syngenta Digital
· Management and inspirational leadership of junior developers
· Accountability for Technical stack of each product
· Set local and global standards for Technology stacks. Includes AWS / Azure management, DevOps, Testing, Coding Standards
· Support the build of Syngenta Digital development capability by the implementation of the regional Labs, recruitment of resources and applying the digital ways of working
· Participate in the recruitment and evolution of a software development capability to meet Syngenta’s needs for greater control and lower cost of delivery
· Take lead developer role on high profile projects.
· Forensic management of 3rd Party software suppliers
· Career experience as lead developer working with leadership level business members and teams
· Career experience in envisioning and leading high impact change projects
· Demonstrated ability to lead and energise junior developers and analyst partners
· Explicit and extensive agile delivery experience
· Experience in Full Stack Development, familiarity with mobile development.
Critical Knowledge and Education
· University undergraduate and/or advanced degree in IT, Engineering, Computer Science, or other relevant educational experience.
· This leader also should be digitally savvy with an understanding of how technology can be brought to life to support business challenges