Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Date published: 12-Sep-2018
Syngenta is a global leader in agriculture; rooted in science and dedicated to bringing plant potential to life. Each of our 28,000 employees in more than 90 countries work together to solve one of humanity’s most pressing challenges: growing more food with fewer resources. No matter what your position, you will have a vital role in safely feeding the world and taking care of our planet. Join us and help shape the future of agriculture.
About this position:
At Syngenta, we have a distinctive culture and way of working where every employee has a role to play in shaping who we are and what impact we make. The Packaging Team is currently seeking a Packaging Engineer in Singapore. As a Packaging Engineer, you will be responsible for design, development, and testing of package component and packaging systems to ensure regulatory compliance for transportation and product registration.
Your responsibilities include:
- Provide Fill and Pack expertise to optimize and improve filling and packing processes
- Provide maintenance and troubleshooting support to adjacent supply chain functions (procurement, manufacturing, etc.), as well as, to end users to ensure a safe friendly customer experience.
- Identify and implement innovative and sustainable packaging solutions that maximize the competitive advantage and build brand preference.
- Provide active independent support to New Product Introduction (NPI) teams ensuring all packaging related milestones are completed on time
- Identify and create awareness of cost saving and efficiency opportunities
We are looking for:
- Preferably Bachelor in Packaging Technology/ Material Science
- 5-10 years in a manufacturing environment pack design responsibilities
- Hands on experience of petrochemical or Agrochemical industry
- In-depth knowledge of package technologies, materials and testing related to the development of new packaging components
- Working experience in detail technical/operational documentation/procedures preparation
- Good knowledge Packaging Engineering / Development and Fill and Pack line and process equipment
- Familiar with engineering tools such as Solidworks
This rare and exciting opportunity doesn’t come along very often. Develop growth and prestige with Syngenta in a globally recognised organisation. In Syngenta, we recognize that diversity and inclusion are important to our business. We embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our employees, which will help us continue to drive innovation and achieve our business goals. Our culture enables us to create an environment of involvement, respect, and connection with the communities where we operate - benefitting individual employees and the company.
Come Join us by registering your details at <https://kenexa.avature.net/syngentacareers/JobDetail/Singapore-Singapore-Singapore-Packaging-Engineer/60026>.
To learn about Syngenta: https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=fEgf6Y-Pry0\ and to keep up to date on all the great things we do check out https://twitter.com/syngenta