Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Date published: 8-Dec-2017
Tuas, West Singapore
As part of its expansion in Asia Pacific, Syngenta is building a formulation plant in Singapore. This role offers a rare opportunity to be part of a pioneering team building the company standards and ways of working from scratch. The Plant Manager will lead the site resources and continuously improve the capabilities, processes and assets to meet the business needs in terms of HSEQ, customer response, cost and efficiency and full compliance with internal and external standards and legislation.
As global demand for food and fuel continues to rise, we are dedicated to our purpose: Bringing plant potential to life. Syngenta is one of the world's leading companies with more than 28,000 employees in over 90 countries. We work in a collaborative and inspiring culture where personal contribution is rewarded and growth and development are at the heart of our culture.
You will bring experience in:
- Providing leadership to the Plant in line with Syngenta culture and strategy. Identify, motivate and coach key resources to drive and deliver improvement projects, product establishments or performance improvement initiatives.
- Managing the fixed, variable and capital cost performance in line with agreed budgets and targets.
- Ensuring all HSE, Quality, Legal and fiscal standards are continuously improved and monitored, that risks are controlled and minimized, complaints are investigated and improvement actions implemented.
- Ensuring high levels of customer service and responsiveness in line with Syngenta strategy for all products supplied all markets.
- Promoting a positive image of Syngenta, representing the Company with government representatives, NGOs, academia, industrial associations and the local community and local legislations.
- Supporting the regional head of production in specific projects when required.
The experience you bring is;
- Bachelors in Chemical/production engineering and/or Masters Degree.
- Sound understanding of the Agrochemical industry
- Ability to translate strategy into practice and work across interfaces in the entire Supply Chain, Technology & Engineering, Quality, HSE and Finance functions.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar level of responsibility.
- Proven success at implementing Operational Excellence/LEAN/6 sigma methodologies
To register your interest in this role please go <https://kenexa.avature.net/syngentacareers/JobDetail/Singapore-Singapore-Singapore-Plant-Manager/53870>. If you have any questions please contact Hiroko.email@example.com. Explore our team and culture – our purpose - www.syngenta.com. Check out https://youtu.be/y8v_wiLXFsM to learn more.