Project Manager, ASEAN
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
Date published: 20-Sep-2018
Project Manager, ASEAN
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world-class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
Through leading innovations, we help farmers around the world meet the challenge of feeding a growing population and taking care of our planet. We are currently seeking a Project Manager, ASEAN for the Crop Protection Development Project Management Team in Singapore. As a Project Manager, you will be responsible for Territory Projects (Project Lifecycle Management) are well scoped, well managed according to project management processes and standard; ensure on-time delivery to meet business strategies.
Your responsibilities include:
- Manage and lead Crop Protection projects related to product life cycles management and deliver products across ASEAN
- Support Crop Protection Regional and Global projects that the Territory participated in. Manage local activities related to Regional and Global projects
- Champion resource optimization for different R&D operations by working closely with Country Heads, functional leads, and Territory Functional Planner
- Ensure transparency of the Crop Protection Development portfolio and provide an overview of resource deployment/ budget utilization, risk profile and clarity on project progress and delivery across all indications and line items in the territory
- Work closely with the project management team, commercial teams, R&D team to maintain a strategic view of business objectives and align projects and priorities to these objectives ensuring that R&D and the business create customer value through strategic R&D project portfolio management.
- Scope, manage and deliver projects based on fact-based consistent and reliable information subjected to review by multi-functional teams and development governance committee
- Drive project management excellence for the Territory responsible for consultation. Promote global standards, methodology, tools, and ways or working aimed at managing and reducing complexity and increasing effectiveness, efficiency, operational innovation, and excellence.
We are looking for;
- University Degree with Project Management (minimum 8 years’ experience)
- A Master or MBA degree is highly desirable
- Professional certification is preferred especially PMI Certification or equivalent
- Minimum 5-8 years’ industry experience in Product Development
- Experienced in project/product lifecycle management
- Good Knowledge and understanding of Program Management and /or Portfolio Management
- Experience with Resource Management (especially project resourcing)
- General knowledge of finance fundamentals
- Good business acumen with an entrepreneurial spirit and out of the box mindset
- Ability to manage large complex projects and portfolio in an international and multidisciplinary team environment
- Ability to handle conflicting pressures fro different stakeholders/ functions
- Working experience in management of both local and regional business organization
- Ability to speak and read an Asian language is an added advantage to liaise with stakeholders in ASEAN
If you have strong communication and interpersonal skills, strategic vision and execution, and an ability to influence multiple stakeholders, we would love to hear from you.
To learn about Syngenta Youtube Video
Follow us on [Twitter] https://twitter.com/SyngentaApac