Technology Finished Product Processing Process Engineer
Waterloo, Nebraska, United States
Date published: 1-May-2017
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
About this Job:
- Provides process engineering capability for a portfolio of PPT development projects
- Provides process engineering capability for manufacturing support projects at FPP sites and within toll operations
- Delivers the robust scale-up of manufacturing processes from laboratory/ bench scale through to full-scale manufacture in FPP
- Carries out the design and technical supervision of pilot plant trials and contributes to the design of full scale manufacturing trials.
- Contributes to the process design of new seeds processing and formulation capital projects
- Identifies solutions to increase manufacturing capacity, improve quality and/or reduce manufacturing costs at FPP sites, and is a member of the project teams that implement these solutions
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- Delivers the scale-up of FPP processes from lab to full manufacturing scale, working closely with colleagues in R+D, Formulation Development, and Finished Product Processing
- Designs lab and pilot plant trials and generates experimental results to underpin process design and equipment specification
- Leads Technology Transfer teams for inter-regional transfers or re-siting of products
- Provides the process engineering resource for Process Risk Assessments at Syngenta FPP sites and for pilot plant activities
- Technical lead in product establishment teams, and member of technical start-up team for new processes and equipment at Syngenta FPP sites
- Delivers improvement in capacity, efficiency and quality at FPP sites through application of sound engineering knowledge and best processing practice
- Provides process engineering support for supply chain projects
- Contributes to the process design of FPP capital projects, ranging from site sustenance projects through to major new site investment
Preferred Knowledge & Experience:
- Has successfully led technology transfer teams
- Has been the technical lead in establishment or commissioning teams at Syngenta or toll manufacturing sites
- Has identified and successfully implemented debottlenecking opportunities to generate capacity in manufacturing units
- Is accomplished at scale-up of FPP processes from laboratory to full manufacturing scale
- Has applied process engineering capability in making key contributions to the process design for a range of FPP capital investment projects
- University first degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or closely related discipline
- Preferred experience in agricultural seeds processing, with knowledge related to handling and processing of raw seeds.
- Expected to have at least 3-5 years relevant work experience in a chemical manufacturing, seeds processing or process development environment, or to have a PhD in Chemical Engineering or closely related area
- Is familiar with the Formulation Development process
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S.
- Full time/ Permanent
- Waterloo, NE
- Job requires 20-30% travel to Syngenta and third-party manufacturing sites: Job holder is expected to work flexibly to meet the needs of the project workload, which may include working and travelling out-of-hours and at weekends.
- External candidates will be required to sign a non-compete agreement
Syngenta Contact Information:
If you need assistance during the application process please contact the Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster - Link (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/fmla.htm)
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's (EEOC) poster - Link (http://webapps.dol.gov/elaws/firststep/poster_direct.htm)Employee)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster - Link (http://www.dol.gov/whd/regs/compliance/posters/eppa.htm).Syngenta).Syngenta is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.